Thursday 18 July 2013

La La La La La America

I am back from the Americana International Show and currently basking in the summer sun.  Who knows, we may not get another spell of good weather like this in 7 years again!  So would you like to see how I spent last weekend?  Well go on then!  Here are some pics the delectable Ellen of B Millinery took of our weekend.

I first have to state that it was the hottest weekend we have had here in Blighty for A VERY LONG TIME.  And to add salt to the wound the fashion show and my stall were held in an aircraft hanger...........a metal aircraft hanger.  Needless to say it was like being on the inside of an oven AND I lost my fan.  So can I say I enjoyed my weekend?  Well no not really.  But the company more than made up for the hellish conditions.

Here are the gorgeous models making themselves look even more gorgeous, huddling in the shade to try and keep cool.  Shout out to Miss Jessica Holly (red skirt and white cherry top), I love this lady!  Great model and great person so go and check her out, she's a star in the making.

Here is Aislinn showing the models how it's done!  Aislinn is the lady behind Boo Boo Kitty Couture and organised the catwalk show for us all.

Then of course Ellen and I had a stall and rail side by side showing our wares.  So here are a few artistic shots Ellen took (I was far too hot and bothered to faff around with my camera ;))




Did the crowd love our wares?  Well of course they did!!!!  Did we do a roaring trade?  As good as could be expected, but it wasn't our target audience really.

The clientele was a strange one, I can't really figure out who their target market is at this festival.  It was like the cast of Cry Baby meets the cast of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and not in a good way.  Very very odd.  But there were a lot of pretty cars around to distract us from the strange landscape.  Again cue artsy pics Ellen took.


How awesome are the piggies and the mini car that child is in!  Well actually all the cars are pretty awesome.  So we did some gratuitous posing by a car............Except I really wasn't in the mood on account of being a bit tired and grumpy.


That's my 'hurry up and take the goddamn picture' face.  Fear it.  Ellen however did a much better posing job.


I guess I should get more practise in as we are going to Viva next year and there will be lots of posing in front of pretty cars to do.  Anyway back to the point of this post!

The fashion show.  On the first day I sat at the front of the stage and filmed my slot on the catwalk.  I have had SO much fun today editing it in Windows Live Movie Maker!  It's actually like a mini movie!  So here it is:


And yes there are some NEVER BEFORE SEEN NEW AW13 items in this video ;), can you spot them?  Well I will be releasing the official product photos of them over the next few weeks on facebook, my newsletter and right here on my blog - so make sure you keep checking and have signed up for everything!

All that is left to be said is a HUUUUUGGEEEEEEEE thank you to Ellie at Darlings Vintage, who put Ellen, myself and Miss Jessica Holly up for the weekend.  I can't speak for the others, but the best part of the weekend for me was being welcomed into your home and sharing 'lady fuel' (white wine), watermelon daiquiris and yummy food with your friends and your lovely Mummy.  I'm going to hazard a guess but I don't think Liam is going to appreciate this next photo, but we made him into a pin up girl!!!


Not sure he knew I took a picture but ho hum.  Oh and of course huge thanks to the lovely models that agreed to model my designs.  If you are interested in who modeled for me look at the credits in the video or keep checking my facebook page as I add photos and will link to their modeling page.

Lots of Love
Betty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment