Sunday 24 July 2011

Two weeks (or more :s) of updates!

Well I have been a little lax in my blogging duties for a couple of weeks now so thought it was about time for a little update for you all.  For those of you not "in the know", I suffer with a very annoying condition called M.E, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome if you will.  This basically means I sometimes drop off the radar for a little while as my body screams at me to slow down and rest (regardless of how much work I need to do grrrr).  So worry not my little petals all it means is that I am conserving my energy in hopes to bring you beautiful lounge wear in the very near future.

Anyway!  Over the past few weeks I have completed my dress making course for the Goodwood Revival.  Myself and the ladies that participated loved the workshop so much that we have all decided to go back between now and Goodwood to make the accompanying jacket to the dress.  We all got on really well and will be meeting up on one of the days at Goodwood, in our dresses of course.  On the last day of the workshop, once we had all made our dresses, we had a mini Photoshoot.  The press people came down from Goodwood to photograph us for their website, and some of the girls bought their FANTASTIC classic cars for us to pose next to.

From Left to Right:  Me, Virginia, Anne, Claire, Debs, Mary and Angela (and Angela's 1940s Ford Babs)
I think it is safe to say we all did a brilliant job!  What amazed me is that we all made the same dress, some in different colours, but the style was flattering on everyone.  They just don't make clothes to suit everyone anymore!!  Claire our wonderful dressmaking teacher is in the middle here wearing the 1950's dress with petticoat underneath, which they also did a courses on, and Debs the organiser of the courses just jumped in for the photo op - she did make a 1940's dress but try as we did she wouldn't put it on..........something about not having the right shoes boo!

As I mentioned a few of the girls bought their gorgeous classic cars with them.  Anne brought her A35, which she bought as a rust bucket last January and has lovingly restored it along with her husband.  It was a greyish colour apparently but Anne wanted it a specific blue (which name escapes me) that was one of the original colours that it was made in.


Angela also brought along her classic car, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture eeek so I will tell you a story about it.  (You can just see it in the group shot above.)  Angela has had 'Babs' in her family since it was bought from new in the 1940's.  It was her mothers car, then eventually became her car, and to this day Babs is still used lovingly by Angela and her husband even just on supermarket runs.  How glam is that?!?!  During the second sewing lesson a couple of weeks ago, Angela also brought with her another of her beautiful cars which this time I did take a sneaky piccie of:


Isn't it beautiful!!  Angela is a very lucky lady, and she looked every inch the film star arriving in this baby with a fantastic vintage cream leather hat/cap that she bought previously from Goodwood.  Although I think she would look fab rocking one of my silk chiffon head scarves coming soon to Betty Blue's Loungerie ;-).

In other news over the past few weeks, I have been really busy organising things for a photoshoot in preparation for my launch at Goodwood.  I am SO happy to announce I am working with the beautiful Banbury Cross and Fleur de Guerre as my models, the talented Miss Honey Bare as my make up lady and Tigz Rice as my fab photographer.  I can't wait!!  So now I need to get a wriggle on and start harassing my factories so that all the fab outfits are made in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment